Sunday, March 24, 2013

OPI Mod About You and Sally Hensen Lavender Marquis

Recently I am in looooooooooooooooove~~~ with lavender and light/pastel pink toned nail polishes which I was not a big fan of before. I was not interested in those colors as I thought they are not flattering with my skin tone and still I do not think they complement my skin tone. However, I guess I've become a bit more adventurous/brave with colors that I do not care too much whether they look really good on me or not if I love the color. It became more about what I want to wear lol...

I picked up OPI Mod About You at the local beauty store for $6.83+tax (10%off from the regular price) and Sally Hensen Lavender Marquis at longs drugs for $3.74+tax (25%off from the regular price).
Mod about you is a very opaque milky/baby pink color that is just perfect for spring and summer! You need two coats to get a good opaque coverage but I could still see the brush strokes after two coats. I love the color very much but not so much for the formula as it seemed to be streaky.

without flash

with flash


Lavender Marquis is a beautiful frosty iridescent lavender color. Although the application is super nice and smooth (you don't even need base coat), it has very watery formula with sheer color pay off. You need at least three coats (or even four coats but I do not want any more than three coats) to make it some what similar color that you see from the bottle.
It will look even gorgeous under the bright light or sun light. If you do not like shimmery sheer colors, this is not for you... Another good thing about this nail polish is that you can use this color as a shiny top coat on other nail polishes to give extra something!

no flash
with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment